For love, thanks, hope and so on
Love love love I am full of it...I LOVE life, everything, everyday, every smile, moment, breath and so on...that's all I have on the love side but it sums it all up pretty well.
I am so thankful for another Christmas with my best friend. When we met we each had our on share of emotional scars. We were broker then broke. But we had a deep newly found love for each other.That first year every gift we got the kids was from everything for a dollar, I got him a DVD player with what little I had "left over" but it was a GREAT holiday. I am thankful for my family I never thought I would have this in my life, before I met Don I was spending more and more time away from my own family off by myself, I felt they were ashamed of me and had reason to not want me there, but now we are very close and I spend as much time as I can with them even if it is just on the phone for hours. My children, what can I say even when they are bad they are still great kids. And I have great in-laws; really not just because you read my crazy ramblings...But because you are a part of my heart now, you have shown me kindness and love. I am thankful for memories, I have so many great ones that I don't know where to start so I won't try. I am thankful for the church. I have found joy beyond words. I have watched friends take lessons and become members, I have shared my experiences and my testimony with friends and family in hopes that someday they will become members too. In moments of trouble I know where to turn now instead of drinking until I could no longer feel(that costs too much and isn't very healthy).
~insert boo hoo~I am a real emotional little creature~
Right now I am hopeful that Don and I will find our way in our journey to quit smoking. I know it will happen but we want to be smoke free by the time (at the latest) that we go to Colorado for the family trip. Sometimes that seems to be coming quickly and this fight to stop is so hard. I have walked away from many bad things in my life and this is the hardest. I know we can do it. I feel like a turd when I lecture my kids about not doing it and then go have a smoke...uh yeah no logic in that really.
I am so excited to go camping this spring and summer. We want to do more as a family away from the TV and our butts. It just feels right to have time like this to get away from it all and make more lasting memories. I HOPE TO GO FISHING THIS YEAR!!!! I lived in a small town before I moved here with Don and I got to go fishing all the time, I love it...I miss it...I want to go this year. I wasn't always prissy I used to go frogging and fishing -yes I can clean and cook em!
I hope this year brings peace into many hearts.
okay PJ is crying THE UPSIDE DOWN SHOW is over now and she is finally ready for bed. Don left for work a little bit ago so we are up late... she was screaming for daddy and bye byes. So for now I must go. Hope you enjoyed the read.
=) Merry Christmas (=
2 comments:
Karrie, Life is so upredictable, so unfair sometimes... We just got the news that after 14 years with the same company, that jeff got laid off yesterday. Merry Christmas to us! Are lives are so far from where it was one year ago. How do I cope with this trial? Well, when that shock wears off, we will pray and go to the temple and pray some more. It is faith that will get us through. So keep your goals your main focus...Be steadfast and immovable (Mosiah 5:15) it will bring you eternal life. Can't wait to see you in at the camping trip!! we love you guys! You can do this, you are strong enough!
Karrie, I just received your package and It was so nice. Thank you. As I was unwrapping it I realized that the address that was on the package is not the same as the one that I sent your gift to! I'm so sorry I sent it to Buffalo trail or something like that. Not Santa Fe lot 387. I just wanted you to know. I hope it comes back or that you get it by some Christmas miracle! Let me know when you get it. Thanks!
Post a Comment